Well what a great start to 2014! Apparently I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by Ben Adams who has his own blog. Henominated me because he liked my latest flash fiction piece I wrote from Chuck Wendig’s prompt (The Griefstruck Earth).
It’s an award that helps bloggers (and their readers) discover new great blogs, which is great! so thanks to Ben Adams for nominating me, so I can discover some great new blogs (check out his post) and I’ll list some blogs here (below).
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3000 followers.
5. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Now here’s Ben’s questions for me:
1. Why blog in the first place?
Because it’s a place for me to share my stories and writings (or if not share with others, put for posterity lol)
2. Write a haiku, right here, right now.
A new dream is born.
Unfolding beauty soars,
The leap into the light
3. What is your haiku about and why?
Possiblities and new beginnings. Why? because.
4. Who inspires you?
Jillian Michaels. She inspires and motivates me to be the best and healthiest person I can be. Oh, and my husband 😀
5. What was the last book you read and why did you read it?
The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Sheperd. It sounded interesting (and it was!).
6. Who is your favorite poet? (if you don’t have one, discover one!)
7. What’s the best blog that you follow and really enjoy reading?
Chuck Wendig’s terribleminds. It’s funny and has great writing advice! (among other stuff)
8. What makes a good blogger and a bad one?
A good blogger is one that blogs regularly. A bad one doesn’t.
9. What’s your favorite novel/movie/tv show?
Fave novel: The Dark Tower Series. Fave movie: Don’t really have a favourite. Fave TV Show: BBC’s Sherlock
10. What was your latest ‘finished’ creative endeavor? What did you learn after completing it?
I finished my latest novel, The Secret Carriers. I haven’t started really editing it yet, so looking forward to getting into it in February when a writing group i’m part of starts up again. What I learned after completing it is – I find it really difficult to write zombies! lol (i’m not a huge zombie fan though I did just marathon all 4 seasons of The Walking Dead in the last few weeks to catch up having never seen it before!)
And here’s the blogs I’ve nominated.
And here’s my questions for them:
1. Who has had the biggest influence on you?
2. What do you like about blogging?
3. What is one New Year’s resolution (or goal you want to achieve by the end of the year)?
4. What makes you laugh out loud?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. What is your favorite quote?
7. Who is your favorite author?
9. What is your favorite movie or TV show?
10. What is the hardest thing you have ever done, or the biggest obstacle you have faced in your life?